"Nothing can add more power to your life than concentrating all your energies on a limited set of targets." Nido Qubein

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone elses plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." Jim Rohn




Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Back To Working My Plan

I've run the numbers and run the numbers, and I still come up with the same answer.  For the same reason I will never be able to retire in the US, I now must sell my house in order to save for retirement.

I do love my house, but I do not mind selling it with the end game in my sights.  The plan I must work is to sell my house, either move in with my parents or an efficiency apartment, put my furniture in storage and save every thing I have left after the smallest of living expenses.  With any profit from the sale of my home and savings, I should be able to move to Costa Rica by the time I retire.

I am actively working towards listing my house.  Two weekends ago I cleaned out all my closets and cabinets and put every thing in the garage (for a garage sale) that I have not touched in the last year.  I have listed several things on Ebay that I will never use again but are too nice to sell in a garage sale.

This past weekend I washed all 20 windows in my house inside and out and the 4 doors and storm doors.    Now I have  items at my house that will need to be repaired and painted.  There are 2 painters coming out this week to give me quotes.  I will have to do some of the repairs a little slower as money permits.  My goal is to have it on the market in 2-3 months tops.

I put this quote at the top of my blog last week.  It inspired me to move steadily towards my future.  "Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action." Napoleon Hill

Pura Vida...