"Nothing can add more power to your life than concentrating all your energies on a limited set of targets." Nido Qubein

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone elses plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." Jim Rohn




Wednesday, February 15, 2012

English Course

I started my English teaching class.  It's wonderful and very different than what I thought it was going to be.  The first section deals with how to work with students that do not speak English, therefore not really understanding much of what you are saying.  So many things I never considered.

The course is teaching such things as hand gestures to signal what you are saying.  Using the board to put examples in pictures of what you are talking about.  Words not to use.   Shorten your sentences using as little words as possible.  Cutting down on your adverbs and adjectives.  It will be very different from teaching children that already speak the language.

I have learned one lesson...do not try to study a lesson and take the test at work.  I failed my first test!  Not a good start, plus I am a personality that hates to make mistakes.  Especially when I consider them stupid mistakes.

This process really is empowering.  We are all going to need or want to stop working one day and be able to enjoy the rest of our lives.  If we do not start planning and working our plan it will never happen.  I have my 2-3 year plan and feel great seeing it already starting.

Cheers,
Claudia