"Nothing can add more power to your life than concentrating all your energies on a limited set of targets." Nido Qubein

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone elses plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." Jim Rohn




Sunday, September 16, 2012

Setting Goals to Get to Paradise

It is amazing what you can accomplish when your heart and soul are involved.  Moving to Costa Rica is what I want most in my life.  I want it because, on the practical side, I cannot afford to ever retire in the US, and I fell in love with the country.  The climate, the views, the people, the vegetation, the color of Costa Rica, and the monkeys feel like they are already part of me.

Do you believe in predestination? There has always been a wanderer in me.  My parents had to lock the house down and build a fence around the yard when I was only two years old because I wanted to explore all my surroundings.  At three the police were involved because I took off on my tricycle to explore my neighborhood.  I can remember being taken into a house by a family's maid when she saw me out in the weather just having a great 'ole time.  That desire to see the world with no fear has never left me.

Costa Rica has everything.  Waterfalls, mountains, volcanos, rain forests, beaches, amazing animals and birds, perfect temperatures year round, rivers, and views that go forever. 

I live in a very crowded and busy city.  I am in high gear everyday, but as social as I can be, I prefer solitude and harmony.  I am looking so forward to living in a quite area without someone right up against me.  I am looking forward to the smell of rain and sweet air rather than exhaust and pollution.  I am looking forward to seeing miles and miles of beauty rather than the houses right across the street blocking the view of my world.  I am looking forward to the quiet.  When I was in CR outside of the city I could not believe the peace the quite brought.  I did not even recognize the noise in my life until I realized the lack of it when I was there.

I've told some friends I will be moving into my 460 sq. foot garage apartment, and they cannot believe I am going to do this and live without all my beautiful things (they will be in storage).  I am so happy and excited to do this because it is exactly this that will get me to CR sooner.  Renting out my house will enable me to save almost every penny I make then at the end of the two years I'll sell my house and add the profit to those savings.  Not only will this move take the financial stress that I live under now off me it achieves my goal.  I will be one very happy little lady living there making my plans to move to paradise.

Pura Vida