"Nothing can add more power to your life than concentrating all your energies on a limited set of targets." Nido Qubein

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone elses plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." Jim Rohn




Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Adult Years

22 days and counting.

Revelation...I think I am starting to see where most of my life went.

Two weeks before I turned 21 I got married. Had my first of 3 daughters three years later, and pretty much the rest is history. I spent the next 33 years dedicating all my time to my children and husbands.  Yes, I said husbands. I've married and divorced 3 times. Sure did not expect that when I was growing up and making plans for my life.

I have driven gillions of miles to school, ballet lessons, t-ball games, soccer, music lessons, cheer leading practices, pageants, swimming lessons, doctor's appointments, etc. I have been PTA President, Cheer Club President, Cheer publicity, T-Ball coach, dress designer, stage designer, cook, maid, gardener, chauffeur, nurse, hand holder, adviser, psychiatrist, etc. I worked outside the home some, but very little compared to the time taking care of my family.

Now let's see. Hum...I don't see me in there for 33 years. I am honestly not complaining. I loved being a mom! It was the best job I could ever imagine. I loved my time with my 3 daughters, and miss them being little and at home. However, I did not do one thing during those years for my personal growth. It's a blur...a whirl wind of time. It was wonderful, but now for some "ME" time.

I've been working full time and more for 8 years. Have loved most of it, but my real love is my art and design. I started making memory crosses which I love. I get to use my imagination on every one I make. I began painting again. I can spend hours on both and never get bored. They even sell which is an added bonus. I am loving my freedom.

I guess the moral of the story is enjoy every minute of life that you have. Most importantly do not lose yourself in the mix. Time goes faster than our little minds can imagine, so we had better make the most of every day. Give of yourself with joy, but save some for you.

Cheers,
Claudia