"Nothing can add more power to your life than concentrating all your energies on a limited set of targets." Nido Qubein

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone elses plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." Jim Rohn




Thursday, September 1, 2011

"Where Did The Time Go"

I did survive my 60th birthday much to my confusion and disbelief.

Looking back at my childhood, my teen years, and my adult years have helped me figure out where much of the time was used and helped me decide what to do with the next 47. Yes, 107!

I have discovered that we are all basically yummy "Milk Shakes". Take 1 part childhood, 1 part teenager, and 1 part adult. Shake (do not stir) well in order to combine all the ingredients, and voila! It's YOU! No one else with similar backgrounds. JUST YOU!

Another thing I've seen is those children and teenagers are still alive and well inside all of us. I have a new acquaintance. I know he was a genius when he was younger. Now I read or hear things that he is planning and I think, "How old and what year do you think this is?" Then it hit me, and I looked at him with new eyes. I thought of both photos of him. The one when he was 20 years old smiling excitedly, and the one of him now. The 20 year old is still there. He just looks a little different! Now, I get it. MILKSHAKES! All parts are mixed together, but each part is still there in it's original form.

My plans for the next 47 years? Not to waste one minute or idea. I'm a big girl now, and only have myself to answer to. I am really tired of the expression "bucket list", but whatever you want to call it make one and stick to it.

I wish all my fellow classmates of 1968 a very healthy and happy 60th birthday. My best advise to all of you is...Do not sit down or still!

Cheers,
Claudia